Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
As most of you are going to find out, I love side hustling! It’s in the name of my blog for cryin out loud.. 😉 My absolute favorite side hustles allow me to make money from the comfort of my own home.. in my pajamas preferably. Although those are only a SLIVER of what’s available out there! Eventually we will get to those… 😉
I mean people have been hustlin’ for hundreds of years and there’s always a way to make more money if you really put your heart into it. As you might know if you have a smartphone/tablet, there actually are a lot of ways to earn with them.
Continue reading to learn how you can Really Get Paid Using Smartphone Apps:
I love making massive lists, so today I felt a little ambitious and decided to see if I could come up with a list of 50+ smartphone apps that pay. And what do you know, I was able to do it!
Please note that almost all of these are available for both iOS and Android. For some of the listings, I may have linked the page for one or the other, but more than likely it’s available for both types of devices.
My goal for this post was to find things that have potential to pay more than just a few bucks a week. No matter what you like to do – exercise, watch TV, take surveys, shop – there likely is an app for your iPhone or Android phone that will pay you to do what you enjoy.
Every app on this list does pay, so you won’t have to waste your valuable time. So, have fun and good luck!
**Before you get started with downloading these apps that pay you to lose weight, watch ads, and more, consider getting a Paypal account if you don’t have one yet! Most of these apps pay quickly with PayPal, and it’s completely free to sign up.
Grocery Shopping Apps–
The following apps are best known for giving you actual cash back, via check or Paypal, for buying certain groceries. Some of them will also work at other retail locations apart from just grocery stores. These apps offer you an excellent way to increase your savings at the grocery store because you can use these in addition to coupons.
- Checkout51: Search for items you’d like to purchase at your local grocery store, purchase the products, and you’ll receive cash back for qualifying purchases.
- Ibotta: Works similarly to Checkout51 and has a wide range of products to choose from. You can also link your loyalty accounts for different stores for added savings with the app. Use my referral code mmrxkyc and automatically receive $5 for signing up!
- BerryCart: If you shop for healthy, organic foods, BerryCart will give you cash back on wholesome foods in your local grocery stores. Take a photo of your receipt with the required products and pays you within 24 hours.
- BevRage: Gives you cash back on alcohol, like beer and wine, in stores, bars, or restaurants near you.
- Groupon Snap: Snap has tons of cash back offers and high discounts for the stores you love to shop at.
- MobiSave: Offers cash back on specific grocery items, no matter where you shop. You just have to have an itemized receipt to qualify, and you’ll get paid in 24 hours.
- Savings Star: Tap on the offers you want to purchase in the store through the app, and you’ll earn cash back. The app even provides coupons and cash back offers for healthy groceries, like fresh produce.
- Receipt Hog: Your receipt data along with the answers you provide to optional surveys is made anonymous and summarized in market research reports that brands purchase.
- Punch Card: A local shopping app where you earn personalized rewards everywhere you shop. Simply shop at any local business, and when you’re done with your transaction, take a photo of your receipt with the app and start a punch card for that business. Add up the punches for that business and earn free rewards.
- Receipt Pal: Submit a photo of a receipt or an e-receipt to Receipt Pal. You’ll earn points that can be used towards great rewards like gift cards. Weekly sweepstakes give you a chance to win cash bonuses.
More Shopping Apps–
These apps also involve shopping and store products, but they aren’t as easy to categorize as the task-based and grocery shopping apps above.
- Ebates: Provides cash back for shopping at your favorite retailers, usually in the form of a percentage of your purchase.
- Loot: Pays you to share your new purchases from your favorite brands. For example, take a photo of a new shirt you love, share it with others, and earn money.
- Paribus: (Only available for iOS)– Connect your e-mail inbox to Paribus and the app works to find out if you’re eligible for lower prices based on your recent purchases. If so, it’ll send you your cash back via the app.
- Shopimum: Offers daily discounts, coupons, and freebies for grocery items, and pays cash back when you purchase certain items and scan your receipt.
- Shopkick: Shopkick pays you to find, and scan, specific items in stores. You can also earn cash back for purchases of specific items, watching videos, checking into a store, and more.
- Shelfie: Take photos of out-of-stock items at local grocery stories, and you can earn coupons or gift cards.
- Qmee: With Qmee, you can find discounts from several retailers, or product recommendations, based on what you’re searching for. Use Qmee to shop and earn cash back on your purchases.
- Yaarlo: Earn cash back for shopping in-store or online at tons of retailers. You can redeem your earnings for gift cards or PayPal cash.
With these apps you can earn money for watching videos, filling out offers, taking surveys, playing games, and a variety of different things.
- Swagbucks: Through this app, you can do all the things you love to do on the website, like shop your favorite retailers, play games, and take surveys. Redeem your SBs for gift cards, prizes, or PayPal cash.
- Checkpoints: Shop your favorite online stores, watch videos, take quizzes, and more to earn points, which you can use to enter giveaways or redeem for gift cards from Amazon, Walmart, and more.
- Inbox Dollars: The popular rewards site is also available for your smartphone! Surf the web, play games, read paid e-mails, and take surveys to earn money, which you can redeem for cash.
- Perk: Check into your favorite places, take surveys, and watch videos to earn cash through the Perk app. You can win prizes daily and earn cash via Perk Plastik.
- Juno Wallet: Play games, make calls, invite your friends, and more, to cash in on real cash with Juno Wallet.
- Grab Points: Has tons of ways to earn some cash, including cash back offers for shopping, downloading apps, and more. Earn points which are redeemable for PayPal cash and gift cards.
- Instant Rewards: Complete a variety of tasks through the app, like “liking” Facebook pages or watching ads, to earn cash. You can also receive 10% of the lifetime earnings of your referrals!
- Panel App: Earn points in a variety of ways through Panel App. You can also earn more by referring friends and get 10% of everything they earn! Redeem your points for gift cards and other prizes.
You can get paid with these apps for taking surveys, providing your valuable feedback to companies who need it. These apps work in much the same way as the web-based survey taking websites that pay money.
- Toluna: Popular survey site, Toluna, now has a mobile app, available in 13 languages, to take surveys on the go. You can exchange your points for PayPal cash.
- 1Q: The app sends you questions via text message or through the app, and you’ll get $0.50 for each answered question. Pays instantly to your PayPal account.
Mystery Shopping & Small Tasks–
These apps will have you complete small tasks, like visiting a store and taking a photo of a display or promotion, or providing feedback on a specific store or promotion as a mystery shopper.
- Easy Shift: Gives you tasks that you can complete around your neighborhood, like visiting a store and taking a picture of the outside, or checking prices of items.
- Field Agent: Choose what you want to do, but you’ll have only 2 hours to complete the job. Most jobs pay between $3 and $12, and you can cash out with PayPal.
- GigWalk: Apply for available gigs on Gigwalk, which range from quick tasks to ones that may take a few hours. Some tasks will pay over $100!! Once a gig is approved, you’ll get paid automatically with PayPal.
- Mobee: Gives you free money to complete mystery shopping tasks at a variety of locations near you. Most tasks require answering a series of questions once you’re in the store.
- Observa: Answer questions that the retailers want to know. Most tasks pay between $4 and $12, and take about 10 to 15 minutes. You’ll get paid immediately with PayPal upon acceptance of your completed task.
- Rewardable: Offers a number of ways to get money, but one of its most popular ways is providing feedback on retail stores.
- Shopalong: Pays you for your everyday shopping tasks. Scan your receipts, take photos of items, and more, to earn real cash.
These apps will pay you to exercise, track your fitness goals, and more!
- Diet Bet: Lets you bet with others on weight loss goals, and you can win money for meeting your goals.
- Healthy Wage: Make personal weight loss challenges, or join group challenges (even with your co-workers!) to earn cash for meeting weight loss goals.
- Pact: Lets you earn money by making weight loss or healthy eating goals and sticking to them. Each week, you can make a new Pact, and cash in if you reach it.
You can get paid by tutoring the English Language with these apps.
- Nice Talk: Speak with Chinese students learning English as a second language.
- Palfish: You download the app and get paid to have conversations with non-English speakers.
- MathElf: Get paid to tutor students in math. This one requires an iPad— I know, not technically a smartphone. 🙂
- Mentored: This company allows you to tutor students via their app-based whiteboard in various academic subjects. You do need a college degree, or be working on a college degree, to qualify for a tutoring job here.
Sell Your Stuff Apps–
If you have clothing or other items just sitting around your home not getting used, you can use these apps to sell them right from your smartphone.
- Gone: Helps you sell your used electronics by finding you the best marketplace to sell them in.
- Poshmark: You can quickly and easily upload your clothes you want to sell to the Poshmark app, and listing them is completely free.
- Bookscouter: Have used textbooks that you no longer need? Sell them through the app, which helps you compare prices of several buyback vendors to find the best one to sell to. You don’t even have to pay for shipping.
- Close5: Allowing you to sell your unneeded items to others near you looking for what you’re selling.
- Vinted: Easily sell the clothes you no longer need, right through the app. You can also add video listings for buyers to see a 360-degree view of your items.
- Mercari: Sell safely and securely through the Mercari app. Simply upload photos of your items, and Mercari users will be able to find, and purchase, your items.