I’m always on the lookout for ways to make money. And since we all work so hard for the money we earn, it’s also nice to come across simple ways to save, too. So, when I come across easy ways to earn a little extra cash that can also help rack up savings, I’m especially excited to share.
One of the easiest ways to do both is by joining refer a friend programs for your favorite brands and products that you already use. Depending on the program, this could amount to a nice chunk of change each year or cut down on the costs of using those products or services each month.
That’s how most bloggers make a living. And although you need your own site (learn how to start a blog here) to join “official” affiliate programs, there are many programs that offer a referral bonus to anyone. Below are 100 of these referral programs that pay a commission for every friend you refer!
What are Refer-a-Friend Programs?
It is exactly what it sounds like – you get paid for bringing in new customers to a company/website.
Word of mouth has been one of the best and most reliable ways for companies, big and small, to get new customers. People trust their friends and family more than they trust an ad they see on TV. And that explains why word of mouth has been and still is, the most effective form of advertising.
All of that, combined with the fact that traditional advertising costs a lot of money, gave birth to the idea of Paid Referral Programs.
Each one of these sites is a little bit different. Typically, all you have to do is share your unique referral link with your friends and if they purchase/sign-up for the product or service you’ll be rewarded.
The reward is different at each company. But it’s usually one of two things:
- Account credit
These programs are a win-win. The company gets a new customer and you get a bonus offer just for making the referral. And a lot of time, your friend will even get an incentive or reward to join, too (win-win-win!).
Why Join Refer-a-Friend Programs?
Most people tend to seek out advice from friends and family members before making a purchase or signing up for a service. And chances are, you’ve been asked for your opinion on everything from cell phone service to a pair of shoes. Wouldn’t it be nice to receive rewards for the suggestions you make?
How Much Can You Actually Earn?
That all depends. Generally speaking, you really shouldn’t look at this as anything more than a way to earn and save for doing something you’re gonna do anyway — make recommendations to your friends and family.
Since each program has a different model, your earnings will depend on how many programs you participate in, what their payment/reward structure is, and how many referrals you make.
Although they won’t make you a millionaire, many of these services offer a sign-up bonus as well! You can make $175 today – just by signing up for each of the free services offered on this site. Then, you can earn another $100 for each friend that you get to join these sites.
I’ve scoured the internet and found 100 companies offering awesome referral rewards. If you take full advantage of these programs, you can easily bank hundreds of dollars. If you were to refer one friend or family member to each one of these companies/sites, you’ll earn over $1,000! But sometimes even a crisp $5 bill is nice, too. 🙂
Ready? Let’s make you some money!
Cash Back Shopping Referral Programs
Whether you make a purchase from Amazon, Target, Walmart, BestBuy, Expedia, or nearly any other site – if you start from one of these shopping portals, you will immediately receive 1%-10% back on every purchase. Not only that, but most of these sites offer a sign-up bonus and they all pay you when you refer your friends! Start sharing these sites with your friends to help them save 5-10% on every purchase they make.
Here are some of the most common cashback websites – along with what they offer for referring a friend.
- Ebates — Probably the most popular cashback portal, Ebates offers $5-10 for you and $10 for your friend after making a $25 purchase through the portal.
- Be Frugal — Be Frugal has the highest bounty for referring a friend offering $15 for you and $10 for your friend after making a $25 purchase through the portal.
- TopCashback – Another great cashback portal, TopCashback offers $10 for you when a friend joins and earns $10 in cash back.
- GivingAssistant – Personally, I really like Giving Assistant because they provide a meal to a US citizen ever time you make a purchase through one of their links! Plus, they offer $5 for you and $5 for your friend after making a $25 purchase through the portal.
- ExtraBux – A great site to get your friends to use on a regular basis, although a bit of an older looking site, ExtraBux offers $5 5% of friend’s earnings for life! Your friend also receives $5 after making a qualified purchase through the site.
- Mr. Rebates – Although not offering a direct sign-up bonus, Mr. Rebates offers excellent cashback rates and gives you 20% of your friend’s earnings for life – in addition to providing a $5 sign up bonus for your friend.
- Ibotta – Ibotta is an awesome coupon app that allows you to get cash back for your regular purchases in the store – such as $0.50 for buying bread or a $1.00 for trying a new brand of chips. Savings build up fast and you also earn $5 for every referral while giving your friend $10 when they join through your link. To receive both bonuses, it is essential that you install the app through a referral link (I would love it if you use mine here to start).
- Piggy – A cashback app, you can earn $5-25 for referring a friend who installs the app and spends $25 on purchases. Your friend also receives $15 for joining.
- Split.co – Split is an awesome app that allows you to split commissions between you and your friends everytime you recommend a product to them. This is where you can earn $2 for referring a friend and $5 just for signing up.
- Checkout51 – An app that allows you to make money by simply scanning your receipt after every shopping trip. A simple app that can easily add a few dollars into your bank account – they offer a $0.50 referral bonus when a friend downloads the app.
Rewards sites with referral bonuses
Rewards sites pay users for completing a variety of tasks. Sometimes they are similar to cashback shopping portals and survey sites – but they usually pay you for opening emails, testing products, writing reviews, etc..
Like the cashback sites, many of these sites provide a signup bonus as well – so you can make money just be joining! And then, of course, more when you refer others.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is probably the most popular rewards site and you can make money through a plethora of unique tasks and activities – and cash those points out once you reach a $25 minimum (doesn’t take long). Swagbucks pays you 10% of your friend’s earnings and offers a $5 sign up bonus.
- CashCrate – This shopping and rewards site gives you $3 and 30% of your friend’s lifetime earnings – plus your friend receives $1 for signing up.
- InboxDollars – Recommend your friend to this service that pays them to read emails and review projects, and you will earn 10% of their lifetime earnings while they get a $5 sign up bonus.
- MyPoints – This is another fantastic rewards/cashback site that gives an impressive $10 and 10% lifetime earnings for any referral if they spend $20 within 30 days. Plus, your friend gets a $10 bonus for signing up!
- InstaGC – A slightly lower paying site, InstaGC offers $0.10 10% of your friend’s lifetime earnings and gives a $0.10 sign up bonus.
- FusionCash – This site can pay out pretty well as you receive $1 if your friend joins, $2 after they complete their first task, and $5 for every payout they receive! Plus, your friend gets $5 just for joining.
- GiftHulk – This rewards site offers up to $6 for referrals and gives your friend $2.50 when they join.
- ClixSense – This site provides a variety of unique ways to earn cash through clicking on ads and reviewing sponsor products. They offer $2 10% for every referral who earns at least $5.
- Postloop – If you want to make money for leaving comments and forum posts, then this is the site for you! Not only do you get paid to comment on blogs and forums, but you also earn 10% of anything that your friends make!
- GrabPoints – GrabPoints is an app that pays you for a variety of tasks. They also offer a $5 referral bonus and a $5 bonus when you sign up if you use a referral code (mine is QVE2LY).
- SliceThePie – Another rewards site, Slice The Pie offers 10% of your friend’s earnings.
- EarningStation – Another rewards site offering 10% of your friend’s lifetime earnings.
- Points2Shop – A rewards and shopping portal, this site offers some a decent referral bonus of $1 plus 15% and gives you a bonus for 2nd and 3rd tier referrals as well.
- UniqueRewards – This rewards portal pays a great referral bonus of $6 plus 10%.
- PrizeRebel – This rewards site provides you with 20% of your referral’s earnings.
- StuffPoints – This site gives you 15% of your friend’s lifetime earnings.
- SurveySavvy – SurveySavvy is first on this list for a reason. Not only do they seem to offer the most surveys, but they pay up to $15 per referral AND up to $6 for 2nd tier referrals (the referrals your referrals make).
Shopping sites that give you a bonus for referring friends
The following shopping sites provide a bonus to users who refer friends. Sometimes the bonus is cash, other times it comes in the form of store credit. Either way, I made an effort to find programs that would benefit a wide range of users.
So, whether you already use these sites or not, consider referring your friends here to make a few extra bucks.
- Amazon Prime – If you have a friend who is one of the few remaining Americans without Amazon Prime, refer them and you get a $5 Amazon gift card when they sign up for a free trial.
- Amazon Prime Student – Know a college student who could benefit from Amazon Prime Student? For that referral, you can earn a $10 Amazon gift card if they sign up for the 6 month free trial.
- Groupon – The famous deals site will provide you with a $10 Groupon gift card if you refer a friend who purchases a Groupon within 72 hours. It’s a tight window, but $10 on Groupon goes a long ways.
- SpringRewards – Only available in select cities, SpringRewards is a loyalty rewards program that is connected to your credit card. Rather than showing a unique store card when you enter a store, simply connect your credit card ahead of time and you’ll receive all of the current deals and bonuses. You also receive a $20 credit for joining and $20 credit for each person you refer.
- ThredUp – ThredUp is an online thrift store (primarily for women – so not much good for me) with great deals on a variety of name-brand products. Another give $10 get $10 program, receive a $10 credit for signing up and $10 when you refer a friend.
- Educents – Educents provides educational books and toys for kids. They offer $10 to new customers and a $1-10 referral bonus when you share them with a friend.
Money sites that offer a referral bonus
The sites on this list are either savings accounts, money transfer sites (think PayPal), or loan sites. Whether apps or websites, these tools will pay you a great little referral bonus when you encourage your friends to give them a shot.
After reading through this list, check out the following section on investment tool referral programs to start earn some serious cash.
- PayPal — You’ll both receive a $5 bonus after the new member makes an eligible purchase of $5 or more at any PayPal-accepting merchant within 14 days of joining PayPal.
- Digit.co – Digit is an app that makes saving easy. Simply connect it to your bank account and they will intelligently transfer a few dollars every couple of days from your checking account to your savings account. Easily track and transfer funds at anytime through the app or a text message. This savings account is taking the US by storm and they currently offer $5 for referring a friend.
- Square Cash – This app, which is similar to PayPal, makes it incredibly easy to send and receive money from friends for free! If you use a referral code when you sign up (My code is VHTTMRG) you earn $10 after sending your first $50 to a friend. Meanwhile, you receive $10 for every referral you make.
- Circle – Similar to Square, Circle makes it easy to transfer funds between users — including no-fee international transfers between specific countries. Their referral program provides $5 to you and $5 to your referral after they send $25.
- Coinbase – Coinbase is a site that makes it easy to buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. When the economy is struggling, Bitcoin seems to do well – so it’s not a bad idea to have some saved up just in case. Get a $10 bonus after purchasing $100 of Bitcoin through my referral link, and earn $10 when someone you refer buys $100 worth of Bitcoin.
- LendKey – Student loans are not fun – or cheap. LendKey helps college graduates refinances their student loans and save thousands in interest payments. If you create an account and refer a friend, you will earn $50 when they are approved for a loan and $200 if they decide to take it out.
- SoFi Student Loan – Another student loan refinancing tool, SoFi will give you $100 if you refinance your loans through their site and give you $100 for every person you refer who refinances their student loans.
- SoFi Personal Loan – Do you know someone who needs to take out a personal loan for some reason? SoFi offers some of the best rates on the market and they offer a $100 bonus to both you and your friend when you refer someone to SoFi.
Travel services that give referral bonuses
Travel is certainly fun, but it’s not cheap. However, you can make it a bit cheaper by referring your friends, family, and others to these websites. Then, if they book a stay or trip, you earn a substantial bonus – which can easily turn into free vacations.
- AirBnB – Airbnb has become the go-to place for travel lodging. While many people are already on the site, if you have a friend who hasn’t yet joined, you can earn up to $100 in credit for referring them, while giving them a $35 credit for their first stay.
- Turo – A car sharing site similar to Airbnb, Turo allows users to rent their vehicle to other members when they aren’t driving. The site offers a $25 sign up bonus to try it out and gives you up to $100 in credit for every friend you refer.
- Lyft – Lyft is one of two leading apps that allows anyone to become a taxi driver and provide rides around town. The app offers $10 off your first ride and a $10 credit per friend that you refer.
- Uber – The leading car sharing app, Uber provides a $20 credit to test the app and a $20 credit per referral. You can also make money driving for Uber.
- TheClymb – A Groupon-type site for travel and travel-related gear, TheClymb offers $10 in credit to you and your friend after they spend $50.
- Marriott Rewards Program – Marriott allows you to build up points for free hotel stays. If you join Marriott you can earn 2,000 points ($20) for each hotel stay you make in the first year. Meanwhile, if you refer your friends and they stay in a Marriott, you earn 10,000 points ($100).
- Vantage Travel Tours – A travel tour company, Vantage allows you to give your friend a $100 credit and then pays you $200 once they take a trip.
- Pavlus – Another travel company, Pavlus offers $250 per referral that goes on a vacation with them.
- VBT – Another great travel agency, VBT gives the person you refer $100 in credit and offers you $150 in credit after they take their trip.
Career and Job Referral Programs
Businesses often struggle to find the right candidate for the job. If you can help these companies find new hires, you can earn big! Many of these companies pay $500-$5,000 per new hire!
- ReferralMob – A site that allows people to refer their friends to jobs, ReferralMob offers $500-$5,000 to you when you refer someone who gets a job. Meanwhile, they also give your friend an immediate $1,000 sign on bonus.
- Fastaff – A travel nursing agency, Fastaff will pay you $500-$5,000 to refer nurses for travel job positions.
- Jackson Therapy – In addition to nurses, Jackson pays $500 per referral for a therapist (PT, OT, PTA, OTA, SP) position.
- TierPM AV/IT Temp – Do you know an AV or IT expert who is looking for a job? This company offers $250-$1,000 per referral who accepts a temp position.
Affiliate Program that Pay for Referrals
From freelancers and bloggers, to large corporations, here are a few services and products that offer a referral bonus when you connect them with customers or users.
- iPage – This is the service that I use to host my website and it’s great! If you are a current customer of iPage (which costs $24 for your first year) you can earn a $35 credit per referral. It doesn’t take much for your hosting to become completely free!
- HubPages – HubPages is a free service that allows you to write articles on anything and get a share of the advertising dollars they earn– plus you can earn 10% of what anyone you refer makes.
- SEOClerk – This site allows you to buy and sell small gigs or tasks for anywhere from $1 to $1000. If you refer someone to SEOClerk you earn a 10% commission on anything they spend.
- Fiverr – Another task website that offers services starting at $5, by referring a friend you each receive a $5 credit.
- ShareASale – This is an affiliate platform with hundreds of affiliate programs that bloggers can use to make money. They even have their own referral program – paying $1 for every blogger who joins through your link and $200 for every business!
- FlexOffers – Another great affiliate network with hundreds of programs, FlexOffers gives you 5-50% of your referral’s lifetime earnings depending on how much they make.
- Admitad – A third affiliate network with access to many websites (including AliExpress), you can earn $0.75 per blogger/publisher that you refer.
- Cooperatize – This service connects bloggers with potential sponsors. Refer your blogger friends and earn a $20 bonus after they accept their first campaign.
- TeeSpring – This company allows anyone to make and sell t-shirts. If you refer someone who creates and sells a shirt, you make $0.50 per shirt they sell – up to $2,500 per referral.
- iGain — A great affiliate network with hundreds of offers, iGain gives you $25 for each referral.
- BountyCPA — Refer new affiliates to the network and receive a $25 commission.
- Glitter Network — Refer new affiliates to Glitter Network and earn 2.00% of their profit.
Do you make money from another referral program? Let me know below!