Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Shopping on Amazon is so easy! You need to know these crazy Amazon hacks that will save you TONS of money!
Amazon has become one of the budgeters best-loved tools for internet shopping. But it’s so much more than just low prices and free 2-day shipping with Prime (which you can try FREE for 30 days)!
And, it makes sense as you can find just about anything you want on this site. But, that doesn’t mean it is always the best deal.
I myself love saving on items I don’t necessarily need (and I suppose ones that are kind of necessities too). But whenever I hear about new ways to save on Amazon, I get pretty excited. Especially when I learn that I can get something that would normally cost a lot of money.
There are some crazy money saving Amazon hacks that you need to know before you buy anything from them again.
- Sign up for the Amazon App and Receive $5: If you download their app (which is free itself), Amazon will give you $5 credit which can help you save on your next purchase. To be honest, I don’t know many companies that give your freebies like this.
- Don’t check out right away: It may sound crazy, but this can work. Amazon (as well as other sites), want you to buy. If you add something to your cart and wait a few days, they will usually send a reminder that you’ve left items in your cart. Sometimes, these include an additional discount if you will finalize your purchase. This is not always a guarantee, but it has been known to work on several occasions.
- Elite Deal Club: This is a great site to sign up for so you can apply for as many items as you want (to review) and get them either free or discounted. But you have to keep your eye on your email to see when new things come in; items move fast.
- Join a Facebook Group Like Top Quality Reviewers: Just like Elite Deal Club, you can get a free or seriously discounted product by reviewing them. All you have to do is join the group and find what you’d like to review.
- Earn free Amazon gift cards: Believe it or not, there are legitimate ways to earn free Amazon gift cards. You can convert Ibotta savings into a gift card or even build up points on Swagbucks for your card. Start using these sites so you can get paid in the form of Amazon cards!
- Amazon coupons: There are some items that have coupons for when you check out. These are the best kinds of coupons in my book! The less I have to do to save money, the better! All you need to do is click and the coupon is automatically added to your cart.
- Share your Prime with family: No, this isn’t a scam. You can actually share Prime with your family members. If you don’t think that you can swing that $99 for the year of Prime right now, go in on it with your family. You can ship to many different addresses with the same Prime account and can store different cards as well.
- Get no-rush-shipping and earn credits for Pantry: If you’re not in a hurry to get your purchases, you can click on the “no rush shipping” option and get a sweet $5 credit for Amazon Pantry and even a credit for electronic purchases.Basically, if you get enough of those nifty credits for the electronics, you can download movies for FREE from Amazon! Every movie in my video library was purchased through Amazon’s credits. And I just needed to wait a few extra days for a package that I didn’t mind waiting for!
- Open box deals: Open box deals are my favorites! You get a VERY steep discount on the same great products from Amazon but at a huge discount because the box was opened. There’s nothing wrong with the product (or Amazon will buy it back), the box was just opened.(Pro tip: this isn’t just from Amazon; you can get sweet open box deals all over the place!)
- Amazon brand: Did you know that Amazon makes its own brand? YUP – Amazon Basics. Right now their selection is a little limited, but I’m sure that it will be growing soon. The big highlights are their batteries, office supplies, and electronic accessories.But check them out! I got a paper shredder, a laptop stand, and my laptop backpack from them (yes, I’m a nerd) and they are all really great products!
- Subscribe and Save: If you haven’t checked out the subscribe and save option on Amazon, it’s a game changer. I order our laundry detergent supplies from Amazon, and subscribe and save has helped me to never run out of detergent because every 3 months, it gets delivered to my door without me needing to worry about it.Subscribe and Save saves you 10-15% off of each item you buy and will ship to your home automatically in the intervals that you select. They are also kind enough to email you before your box ships to remind you that you ordered the items. It’s easy to cancel or reschedule deliveries, too.
- Shop with discounted gift cards: This is one of my favorite ways to shop on Amazon. Before I visit to shop, I find discounted gift cards from sites such as Raise.com. I get the full face value of the card but pay less.For instance, I may find a $25 gift card for $23 on Raise.com. Sure, it’s just a $2 discount, but that is $2 savings!
- Filter your search for discounts: I love using this to find the best discounts on the items I want. It requires you adding a bit of code to the end of the URL once you’ve done your search, but it is simple. Just add “&pct-off=##-##” to return the items that are on sale for the discount you want. For example, if you want to look at items that are between 35 – 50% off, you would add &pct-off-35-50 to the end of the code.
- Try another color: Sometimes, the same product will offer different colors – at different prices. If you are willing to pick up a different colored item, you can sometimes save.
Do you know of any other Amazon.com hacks that aren’t mentioned above? Fill us in in the comments below!
If you’re a newbie here, let me fill you in. Side Hustle & Save is ALL ABOUT making money from home and saving money. Here is a list of my favorite ways to save and make money.
- Start blogging. Blogging can be difficult because you can’t go to college for it, but you can enroll in courses that tell you everything you need to know. I personally went through and recommend Blog by Number Ebook and Strategies Worth Sharing.
- Answer surveys. I use the following surveys, and my readers use these too: Swagbucks, My Points, Ipsos i-Say, Inbox Dollars and Grab Points.
- Save on food, especially fruits and veggies. Ibotta is a super user-friendly app. All you have to do is choose the items you want to get cash back on, buy them at the store, and then take a photo of your receipt on the Ibotta app. (You get $10 for signing up through my link here).
- If you’re an online shopper, get cash back with Ebates just for shopping like you regularly do. Ebates is free, and you get $10 when you sign up through my link.
- Are you a freelancer? Use Fiverr to display your services.
- VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- If you buy protein powder, vitamins, etc., I recommend using Ideal Fit.