Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Welcome to my first monthly income report. I’m nervous about this, so bear with me! People often ask me how to make money blogging, which is why I’m excited to finally publish an income report.
I remember reading income reports from other bloggers a long time ago and thinking it was insane. How could they make a full-time living by running a blog?!
It’s never been easier or harder to make an income online.
I say that because it’s easy in the way that starting a blog is easier now. You can set up hosting, get a beautiful theme, and start writing in like half an hour.
It’s also harder because there are SO many more people blogging now.
If you’re trying to stand out online, you have to compete with BILLIONS of other people. Legit, billions.
If your goal is to make money on your actual blog through affiliates and all, stay tuned, because I plan to ramp that shiz up over the next few months, too. Not to be sleazy and just make money. I don’t believe in that. I only share things I use and love in my business.
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my Step by Step Tutorial on Starting your own Profitable Blog that will show you how to have your very own blog up and going in 10 minutes!
A little about me
I started Side Hustle & Save back in June 2017… Yep ONLY 4 short months ago. My goal from the beginning was to make a full-time income from blogging so that I could stay home and take care of my family, while also doing something that I loved.
Before I started blogging I did a lot of research and tried to prepare myself for this work from home journey. At any given time I had over 100 tabs up on my phone, I was signed up for ALL of the email courses, and saved/bookmarked/screenshot anything I thought looked important ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Yea, instead I totally needed to look up information on organization.
I knew from the beginning that I was going to have to work super hard, regardless of all the research I did, if I was going to make an income. Little lone a full-time income from this thing.
Apart from blogging, I’m a wife to THE most wonderful man a woman could ever ask for and mom to a crazy awesome 13-year-old.
Not to toot my own horn but I got an amazing family. xoxo
Reasons why I’ve decided to post an income report:
- To keep track of my goals, income, recaps, and also show all you what I’ve learned every single month from blogging.
- To be transparent with my readers.
- To show new blogger like me, that it is absolutely possible to make money on a new blog.
- To show people that making any amount of money from blogging is something to be super proud of. There are bloggers out there that think it’s never enough. I’m guilty of this as well…
How much time do you spend on your blog?
I spend around 30 hours a week or around 5 hours day/6 days a week on my blog.
How to make money blogging:
There are many ways you can make money blogging. Some of these are:
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate income
- Ad revenue
- Creating and selling your own products (stay tuned.. I’m working on ideas.)
- Reviewing a company’s products
How much money can you make from a blog?
The amount of money you make from blogging is completely up to you. A vast majority of bloggers out there make no money, while others are making millions every year.
I’m just gonna put a screenshot from Google Analytics here with the basic stats. See, I told ya I had a small blog!
How much did you make in October of 2017?
Sponsored posts: $650
Affiliate Income: $30.50
Ad Revenue: $3.80
Free Products: $190
Top Affiliate Companies:
I had the opportunity to receive free products in exchange for an honest review this month. This was a lot of fun and I have the opportunity for more coming up. Here were this months review posts:
Want to learn skills to accelerate your Work from Home journey? Below are the courses and eBooks I absolutely LOVE and recommend to my friends!
- Amazon Boot Camp The Amazon Boot Camp is the place to go if you are looking to start an Amazon FBA business and need some very step by step assistance! They have an amazing support group that will make sure you get the help you need.
- Grocery Goldmine Ebook Grocery Goldmine will walk an Amazon seller through the process of finding profitable products in their normal grocery store. Great for someone looking to add replenishables to their inventory, without doing wholesale.
- Transcribe Anywhere These courses offer multiple modules teaching proper punctuation, formatting, hotkeys, and how to use transcription software. It also includes lots and lots of practice audio files, templates, and how to build and market your business. You’ll learn how to do the work and how to get the clients — a HUGE benefit.
- 30 Days Or Less To Virtual Assistant Success
- Side Hustle To Success Course
Are you already a blogger? Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
- Blog by Number Ebook
- Strategies Worth Sharing In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!).
- Pinterest Presence Course
Popular posts/pages from Side Hustle & Save this month:
Work at Home Job Board 852 pageviews
How to Get Paid to Chat, Flirt, and Text Online 621 pageviews
Unusual and Legitimate Ways to Make Extra Money 204 pageviews
These 4 months of blogging have been a blast, stressful, exciting and sometimes I even felt like quitting. Yep, all those emotions wrapped up together. But I am so very thankful and blessed to have this amazing opportunity to Work from Home. Blogging is the best job in the world! And I am going to keep pushing forward, never stop learning and aim to do even better next month!
Life before I was a full-time blogger:
I couldn’t be more happy with my life. Before I was a blogger, I was working 2 jobs. Life was tough because I rarely got sleep and worked at a job that was stressful. I was a CNA at a nursing home and at an assisted living facility.
Waking up every day was a pain. I wasn’t making good money and did not enjoy my job. When I wasn’t at work, I was sleeping. I thought that’s how life is, and you had to suck it up and get used to the cycle.
Don’t get sucked into the cycle! Don’t do it…
My Plans For Side Hustle & Save:
- I’d love to do more collaborations and partnerships with other bloggers.
- I’d love to start a Work at Home Mom Forum/Community.
- I’m planning on starting a Work at Home Facebook Group.
- I want to start making printables to offer my readers.
- I would like to have a free Resource Library for my readers.
Goals for Side Hustle & Save:
- Get to 100 followers on Pinterest.
- Hit 3,000 page views per month.
- Get 2 months ahead on blog posts.
- Get to 50 email subscribers.
- Get to 50 likes on Facebook.
- Get to 300 followers on Twitter.
With Christmas fast approaching, my life goal at the moment is for my family to have a wonderful Christmas this year. All of us have had a lot of troubles in the past few years that have prevented us having a memorable holiday season.
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays!
And we are in a position this year to make great things happen for the holiday and I’m very excited!
See you next time!
If you would have told me even 5 months ago I’d be making money working at home, I would’ve laughed SO hard at you. There are days when I’m in shock by the fact that I make money from my blog. I’m my own boss. I feel so blessed.
Thanks for reading, and thanks to everyone who has been a follower since I started this blog. If you’re trying to become a blogger, I hope I could help you a bit with how to make money blogging.
How do you think I did this month? What else would you have liked me to cover in my income report?
Do you have an income report? Leave it in the comments!
If you’re a newbie here, let me fill you in. Side Hustle & Save is ALL ABOUT making money from home and saving money. Here is a list of my favorite ways to save and make money.
- Start blogging. Blogging can be difficult because you can’t go to college for it, but you can enroll in courses that tell you everything you need to know. I personally went through and recommend Blog by Number Ebook and Strategies Worth Sharing.
- Answer surveys. I use the following surveys, and my readers use these too: Swagbucks, My Points, Ipsos i-Say, Inbox Dollars and Grab Points.
- Save on food, especially fruits and veggies. Ibotta is a super user-friendly app. All you have to do is choose the items you want to get cash back on, buy them at the store, and then take a photo of your receipt on the Ibotta app. (You get $10 for signing up through my link here).
- If you’re an online shopper, get cash back with Ebates just for shopping like you regularly do. Ebates is free, and you get $10 when you sign up through my link.
- Are you a freelancer? Use Fiverr to display your services.
- VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- If you buy protein powder, vitamins, etc., I recommend using Ideal Fit.