Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
For one I cannot believe it is already December! I mean really where did November go?!
Welcome to my SECOND monthly blogging income report for November 2017. People are often asking me how I make money blogging so early (legit…my 5th month), which is why I’m super excited to be publishing this income report.
I am happy to share that my blog has grown beyond my expectations this early! I mean I really wasn’t expecting this… I may not have reached all of my monthly goals, but traffic and income have definitely grown.
**I have earned more than double my income from October! Keep reading for all the juicy details…
I can’t help but ask myself: why didn’t I start blogging sooner?
Seriously, don’t let that be you! If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, now is the time to do it! Check out my Step by Step Tutorial on Starting your own Profitable Blog that will show you how to set up your own blog in 10 minutes!
About lil ole me…
I started Side Hustle & Save back in June 2017… Yep ONLY 5 months ago. My goal from the very beginning was to make a full-time income online so that I could stay home and take care of my family, while also doing something that I absolutely loved.
Dream Job right?!
But before I started blogging I did a lot of research…. seriously A LOT and tried to prepare myself for this work at home journey. At any given time I had well over 100 tabs up on my phone, I was signed up for ALL of the email courses and freebies, and saved/bookmarked/screenshot anything I thought looked important… ALL OVER THE PLACE.
I also knew that I was going to have to work super hard, regardless of all the research I did, if I was going to make an income. Little lone a full-time income from this crazy thing. But little did I know, that blogging income I was shooting for started pouring in in my 4th month of blogging… SO much sooner than I ever thought possible.
Apart from blogging, I’m a wife to THE most wonderful man a woman could ever ask for and mom to a crazy awesome 13-year-old.
Not to toot my own horn but I got an amazing family. xoxo
Reasons why I’m posting an income report:
- To keep track of my goals, income, recaps, and also show everyone what I’ve learned every single month from blogging.
- To be completely transparent with my readers.
- To show new bloggers like me, that it is absolutely possible to make money on a new blog with a small following.
- To show people that making any amount of money from blogging is something to be super proud of!
How much time do you spend on your blog?
I usually spend around 30 hours a week writing and/or researching… mostly when my husband is at work. I would probably spend more time than that each week, but I started all of this to be able to spend more time with my family and make an income at the same time.
This Month’s Stats
My 4th Month Blogging Report –> How I Made $875 in My 4th Month of Blogging
- Monthly PageViews: 3300
- Pinterest Followers: 24
- Instagram Followers: 64
- Facebook Followers: 26
- Twitter Followers: 233
- Email Subscribers: 10
How much did you make in November of 2017?
Sponsored Posts/Mentions: $1920
Affiliate Income: $15.29
Ad Revenue: $21.41
Free Products: $125
Popular posts/pages from Side Hustle & Save this month:
Work at Home Job Board 901 pageviews
How to Get Paid to Chat, Flirt, and Text Online 785 pageviews
How I Made $875 in My 4th Month Blogging 432 pageviews
Top Affiliate Companies:
I had the opportunity to receive free products in exchange for an honest review this month. These opportunities are a lot of fun and I have more opportunities coming up. There are more than listed below, but those reviews aren’t completed yet. Here were this months (completed) review posts:
New Blogging Friends:
I made my first blogger friend this month, Anna from annanutall.com. She’s an amazing fashion, lifestyle and travel blogger from London. Go check out her blog…Seriously!
She also guest posted here on Side Hustle & Save a few weeks back–> 4 Useful Ways to Get Traffic to Your Blog
Want to learn skills to accelerate your Work from Home journey? Below are the courses and eBooks I absolutely LOVE and recommend to my friends!
- Amazon Boot Camp The Amazon Boot Camp is the place to go if you are looking to start an Amazon FBA business and need some very step by step assistance! They have an amazing support group that will make sure you get the help you need.
- Grocery Goldmine Ebook Grocery Goldmine will walk an Amazon seller through the process of finding profitable products in their normal grocery store. Great for someone looking to add replenishables to their inventory, without doing wholesale.
- Transcribe Anywhere These courses offer multiple modules teaching proper punctuation, formatting, hotkeys, and how to use transcription software. It also includes lots and lots of practice audio files, templates, and how to build and market your business. You’ll learn how to do the work and how to get the clients — a HUGE benefit.
- 30 Days Or Less To Virtual Assistant Success
- Side Hustle To Success Course
Are you already a blogger? Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
- Blog by Number Ebook
- Strategies Worth Sharing In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!).
- Pinterest Presence Course
- These 5 months of blogging have been a crazy awesome adventure. But I am so very thankful and blessed to have this amazing opportunity to Work from Home. Making money online is the best job in the world! And I am going to keep pushing forward, never stop learning and aim to do even better next month!
- Thanksgiving was a huge hit this year! I cooked for the very first time and apparently, I am an amazing cook. Thank you, Pinterest recipes.. 😉
My Plans For Side Hustle & Save:
- I’d love to do more collaborations and partnerships with other bloggers and brands.
- Start a Work at Home Mom Forum/Community.
- Start a Work at Home Facebook Group.
- Build a free Resource Library.
- Start writing an eBook/course about everything that I have done from the beginning to make money on my small blog. Would an eBook/course like this interest any of you?
- Start a Tailwind Tribe for blogging, work at home resources and side hustles… If you would be interested in joining, shoot me a message.
- Christmas shopping… I’m VERY excited to be able to afford Christmas for my family this year through my various side hustles and blogging opportunities. It’s been quite a while for all of my family to have a great Christmas. Side hustles WORK mamas!
- Bring sexy back… I have fallen off the workout wagon for far too long. I hate how it took me not fitting into my jeans as well anymore for this revelation… But weight bench HERE I COME!
Bring it ON December!
If you would have told me even 6 months ago I’d legit be making money online… at home… in my pajamas, I would’ve laughed SO hard. There are days when I’m in shock by the fact that I make money from my blog. And shocked that I make more than I did at ANY of my outside jobs. I feel so very blessed.
Thanks for reading, and thanks to everyone who has been a follower since I started this blog.
How do you think I did this month? What else would you have liked me to cover in my income report? Leave it in the comments!
If you’re a newbie here, let me fill you in. Side Hustle & Save is ALL ABOUT making money from home and saving money. Here is a list of my absolute favorite ways to save and make money at home.
- Start blogging. Blogging can be difficult because you can’t go to college for it, but you can enroll in courses that tell you everything you need to know. I personally went through and recommend Blog by Number Ebook and Strategies Worth Sharing.
- Are you looking for a different type of Work at Home opportunity than blogging? Check out my Work from Home Job Board!
- Answer surveys. I use the following surveys, and my readers use these too: Swagbucks, My Points, Ipsos i-Say, Inbox Dollars and Grab Points.
- Save on food, especially fruits and veggies. Ibotta is a super user-friendly app. All you have to do is choose the items you want to get cash back on, buy them at the store, and then take a photo of your receipt on the Ibotta app. (You get $10 for signing up through my link here).
- If you’re an online shopper, get cash back with Ebates just for shopping like you regularly do. Ebates is free, and you get $10 when you sign up through my link.
- Are you a freelancer? Use Fiverr to display your services.
- VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- Fitness enthusiasts- If you buy protein powder, vitamins, etc., I recommend using Ideal Fit.