Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
In the fierce world of online business, getting people to visit your website is one of the hardest challenges facing any entrepreneur. While those figures alone won’t guarantee success, there is a correlation between visitors and sales. Therefore, finding a way to get more people visiting your site should be top of the agenda.
If your business is currently stuck in a rut due to a poor web performance, here’s how to get things back on the road to success.
- Learn from others. Web traffic statistics aren’t down to potluck, and those with high figures achieve them through hard work. Building a strategy that embraces concepts like business intelligence keywords is imperative. Leverage the success of others, along with your unique perspectives. This should allow you to gain visibility on Google and spark an interest from the target market. Besides, a strong SEO presence can inspire a reaction of trust from the visitors.
- Utilise social media platforms. Websites like Facebook and Instagram boast millions of users. Grow a large following on those, and you can then use blog posts and eye-catching content to bring people to your site. Firstly, this satisfies the online user’s need for interaction and participation. Furthermore, it gives them the feeling that you are providing them with something for free. That sense of value may actively influence their consumer habits, resulting in far greater outcomes.
- Encourage existing visitors to spread the word. Whether it’s getting them to share or tag friends in social media posts, or promoting a referral scheme is up to you. Either way, the power of recommendation is one of the most influential weapons in your arsenal. Once again, this isn’t only going to send traffic through the roof. It should also ensure that the visits come from people that are genuinely likely to invest in your products and service.
- Embrace modern technology. Most people now have smartphones, which is why creating an App or site optimised for mobile is vital. However, you can take things even further by incorporating QR codes for URL redirection purposes. This gives users an entertaining and exciting way of accessing your content. It also blurs the lines between printed and digital media. From magazines to train posters, those simple tools are sure to have a huge impact on organic traffic levels.
- Turn visitors into regular subscribers. Using email newsletters keeps your business fresh in their minds. This is particularly true when coupled with a strong social media presence and regular PPC adverts. When they come back on a regular basis, they are more valuable than single visits from casual web browsing users. After all, you’re not just after traffic. You’re on the hunt for traffic that will actively lead to sales. Do not forget it.
Gaining good levels of traffic isn’t the only concern of a modern entrepreneur. Nonetheless, it is one of the key factors that will give your hopes for sustainability a serious boost. Now that you know how to achieve it, there’s no excuse to be left with a redundant site any longer.