Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in this post for free for an honest review on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Various flavoring methods are used by our artisan producers to deliver the best tasting olive oils, and unlike alternative products, ours use 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Of all the olive oils of Italy, Tuscany produces some of the best, most coveted, and—important for those who live outside of Italy—some of the most widely available.
I have been using Extra Virgin Olive Oil quite a bit while cooking and I really like trying out different brands.
This Olive Oil has a nice taste to it and cooks well. Coming from Tuscany, I think it might be the first bottle of olive oil that I’ve had from Italy and I can taste a difference from the cheaper oils I’ve tried.
One of the many popular misconceptions about olive oil is that it is best used for frying and salad dressings. True, the destiny of cheap oils may be to fry with, and the meter of light oils is to dress a salad. But a rich, aromatic top-rank Tuscan oil has a higher calling.
Great Tuscan olive oils come into their own when drizzled over foods, especially if the foods are warm. While fine Tuscan oils are wonderful for frying or sautéing, pouring a great oil over something warm magnifies its aromas, unleashing all of its power.
A 500ml bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Tuscany, Italy. Taste the difference in an authentic EVOO grown and bottled in the foothills south of Florence, Italy.
- 2016 TUSCAN HARVEST: Estate-bottled extra virgin olive oil from the rolling hills of Tuscany, Italy.
- MEDITERRANEAN EVOO for gourmet cooking and low free acidity of less than 0.8% as required by the International Olive Oil Council guidelines. Your assurance of authenticity.
- WOW DINNER GUESTS with recipes featuring fresh salads and vegetables using Gourmet Living’s Italian EVOO. Traditional Tuscan blend of: Frantoio 50%, Moraiolo 30% and Leccino (about 20%) olives
- FIRST PRESS and COLD EXTRACTED olive oil with an authentic PGI certification or certificate of origin. Don’t settle for confusing labels and inferior brands.
- GREAT GIFT: Share the joy with friends and family and add nutrition and the distinctive taste of extra virgin olive oil to everyone’s diet.
I love cooking and one of my favorite things to use in pretty much every meal and recipe that I make… is delicious and healthy Olive Oil.
I was sent Toscano Olive Oil for review from Gourmet Living. I will often use EVOO to quickly sautee skinless chicken, veal or thinly cut pork. Gently coating a steak before it is grilled adds to a crusty exterior as well and helps to hold those delicious spices in place while cooking.
If olive oil is not a staple in your kitchen, maybe you should make it a point to pick it up the next time you are at the grocers or the next time you place an order on Amazon. Remember…. there is no end to the uses of olive oil. I even use it as a skin moisturizer!
Gourmet Living’s olive oil blend is specially processed to keep all the naturally occurring good stuff in the oil and ensure that it is not changed. There are no fillers in this oil. Olive oil is pricey for a reason, the higher the quality, the better the oil. You definitely “get what you pay for.”