Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Where did 2017 go? Seriously!?
Welcome to my THIRD monthly blogging income report for December 2017. People are often asking me how I make money blogging so early (legit…my 6th month), which is why I’m super excited to be publishing an income report to share with you all every month.
I am happy to share that my blog has grown beyond my expectations this early! And I can’t help but ask myself: why didn’t I start blogging sooner?
Seriously, don’t let that be you! If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, now is the time to do it! Check out my Step by Step Tutorial on Starting your own Profitable Blog that will show you how to set up your own blog in 10 minutes!
Reasons why I’m posting an income report:
- To keep track of my goals, income, recaps, and also show everyone what I’ve learned every single month from blogging.
- To be completely transparent with my readers.
- To show new bloggers like me, that it is absolutely possible to make money on a new blog with a small following.
- To show people that making any amount of money from blogging is something to be super proud of!
How much time do you spend on your blog?
It really varies day by day… But I usually spend around 30 hours a week writing and/or researching… mostly when my husband is at work. I would probably spend more time than that each week, but I started all of this to be able to spend more time with my family and make an income at the same time.
Last Month vs. This Month
My 5th Month Blogging Report –> How I Made $2000 in my 5th Month of Blogging
- Monthly PageViews: 3300 >> 5079
- Pinterest Followers: 24 >> 27
- Instagram Followers: 64 >> 72
- Facebook Followers: 26 >> 31
- Twitter Followers: 233 >> 246
- Email Subscribers: 10 >> 13
How much did you make in December of 2017?
Sponsored Posts/Mentions: $1580.00
Affiliate Income: $30.32
Ad Revenue: $25.16
Free Products: $50
Popular posts/pages from Side Hustle & Save this month:
How to Get Paid to Chat, Flirt, and Text Online 3267 pageviews
How I Made $2000 in my 5th Month of Blogging 270 pageviews
Work at Home Job Board 129 pageviews
Top Affiliate Companies:
I had the opportunity to receive free products in exchange for an honest review this month. These opportunities are a lot of fun and I have a few more opportunities coming up soon. There are more than listed below, but those reviews aren’t completed yet. Here were this month’s (completed) review posts:
Want to learn skills to accelerate your Work from Home journey? Below are the courses and eBooks I absolutely LOVE and recommend to my friends!
- Career Step Enroll now and get a free laptop or up to $600 off of your tuition.
- Work-At-Home Mini Guide
- Amazon Boot Camp The Amazon Boot Camp is the place to go if you are looking to start an Amazon FBA business and need some very step by step assistance! They have an amazing support group that will make sure you get the help you need.
- Grocery Goldmine Ebook Grocery Goldmine will walk an Amazon seller through the process of finding profitable products in their normal grocery store. Great for someone looking to add replenishables to their inventory, without doing wholesale.
- Transcribe Anywhere These courses offer multiple modules teaching proper punctuation, formatting, hotkeys, and how to use transcription software. It also includes lots and lots of practice audio files, templates, and how to build and market your business. You’ll learn how to do the work and how to get the clients — a HUGE benefit.
- Proofread Anywhere
- 30 Days Or Less To Virtual Assistant Success
- Side Hustle To Success Course
- Grow your writing income…join Freelance Writers Den
Are you an aspiring blogger or already a blogger? Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
- Blog by Number Ebook
- Strategies Worth Sharing In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!).
- Pinterest Presence Course
GOALS FOR 2018!
- Get better at time management!!!! Oh my gosh, YES!! I’m using Focus at Will to try to manage my time blocks and to help me stay on-task.
- Do more learning! Commit to doing at least 1 hour/week of learning and implementing everything.
- Work on diversifying my income! I’ve been slacking this month… I think it was all the holiday chaos and the flu that made it through our house, not ONCE…but THREE times!
This year, I will work HARD on getting my time managed and balanced. I will work on taking things one day at a time and learning lessons as I go.
And, more importantly, I will work harder to be there for YOU!
This year I’m going to be launching a newbie blogger coaching program/ecourse so that I can help you more specifically with your blogging journey and income. Be on the lookout for more details coming next year!
No matter what happened this year, next year could be YOUR year! So start that blog, make that money, organize your time, take those leaps of faith and see just how much they can pay off for you!
What about you? What are your goals for 2018? What worked for you and what sucked for you in 2017?
If you’re a newbie here, let me fill you in. Side Hustle & Save is ALL ABOUT making money from home and saving money. Here is a list of my absolute favorite ways to save and make money at home.
- Start blogging. Blogging can be difficult because you can’t go to college for it, but you can enroll in courses that tell you everything you need to know. I personally went through and recommend Blog by Number Ebook, Career in the Making and Strategies Worth Sharing.
- Are you looking for a different type of Work at Home opportunity than blogging? Check out my Work from Home Job Board!
- Answer surveys. I use the following surveys, and my readers use these too: Swagbucks, My Points, Ipsos i-Say, Inbox Dollars and Grab Points.
- Save on food, especially fruits and veggies. Ibotta is a super user-friendly app. All you have to do is choose the items you want to get cash back on, buy them at the store, and then take a photo of your receipt on the Ibotta app. (You get $10 for signing up through my link here). Also, you can check out my Coupons Page & Deals Page.
- If you’re an online shopper, get cash back with Ebates just for shopping like you regularly do. Ebates is free, and you get $10 when you sign up through my link.
- VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- Fitness enthusiasts- If you buy protein powder, vitamins, etc., I recommend using Ideal Fit.