Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission, at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Hey all! I’m back with another income report to share with you today. I started doing income reports a few months back, as a way to be more transparent about my online business and hopefully shed some light on ways that you can grow your own business, too.
Why am I sharing my monthly income? As a new blogger myself, it makes me hopeful when I see how brand new bloggers are doing.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love seeing the reports from established bloggers making several thousands of dollars monthly. But seeing the progress of a new blogger gives hope to others aspiring to monetize their blogs.
YES, YOU CAN MAKE MONEY! I’m not gonna lie – you have to put in the time and hustle but the end result is so worth it!
I really hope the information in this post gives you a little insight and motivation if you’re new to this whole blog thing. And check out my post on how to start a blog if you’re interested in giving it a go too!
If you’re worried about being a little fish in a big massive blogger pond, don’t be. That was my biggest hang-up but if I’ve learned one thing, it’s that there’s room for EVERYONE to succeed and do well. The opportunity is yours if you want it enough!
Reasons why I’m posting an income report:
- To keep track of my goals, income, recaps, and also show everyone what I’ve learned every single month from blogging.
- To be completely transparent with my readers.
- To show new bloggers like me, that it is absolutely possible to make money on a new blog with a small following.
- To show people that making any amount of money from blogging is something to be super proud of!
Previous Months’ Blog Revenues
Before I go to the meat of my income report, I’d like to show you my income progression month after month. I compiled all my income reports for easy access and just to give an idea how I have been doing (money-wise) with my blog.
- October 2017- 4th Month Income Report
- November 2017- 5th Month Income Report
- December 2017- 6th Month Income Report
How much did you make in January of 2018?
Sponsored Posts/Mentions: $1380.00
Affiliate Income: $61.19
Ad Revenue: $72.67
Free Products: $124.61
How I earned over $1600 this month blogging
I am super psyched that I am able to earn an income from blogging! These are the affiliates and programs that generated my income this month. (HINT – You should probably sign up for them right here right now so you can start earning!)
Bluehost – not only do I use Bluehost for my blogs but they have a FANTASTIC affiliate program!
Ultimate Bundles –Aside from loving their bundles, their affiliate program is outstanding.
**Coming soon–A detailed post on where I find my sponsored posts and product reviews!
I had the opportunity to receive free products in exchange for an honest review this month. These opportunities are a lot of fun and I have several more opportunities coming up soon. There are more than listed below, but those reviews aren’t completed yet. Here were this month’s (completed) review posts/products:
+ 5 other products still in the shipping process or post writing process.
Promoting my Blog
Promoting your blog is a constant job! During those first few months, I was running crazy trying to promote on EVERY social media platforms. Later months were a little more focused. I now focus mainly on Facebook and Twitter.
Popular posts/pages from Side Hustle & Save this month:
How to Get Paid to Chat, Flirt, and Text Online 5057 pageviews
Work at Home Job Board 203 pageviews
Make Money Selling Your Photos Online 137 pageviews
GOALS FOR 2018!
- Get better at time management!!!! Oh my gosh, YES!! I’m still using Focus at Will to try to manage my time blocks and to help me stay on-task. LOVE it!
- Do more learning! Always a must… Commit to doing at least 1 hour/week of learning and implementing everything.
- Learn more about SEO – it’s ever-evolving, so the more I know the more I can evolve this website.
- Work on diversifying my income! I’ve been slacking… My family and I are moving..but we are remodeling a lot of the house beforehand and it’s wearing me OUT!
- Deep thinking my content strategy. I’m still working on this one, but once it all pans out then I will most definitely write a blog post on it.
- Work on my Resource Page and make it available to my audience
This year, I will work HARD on getting my time managed and balanced. I will work on taking things one day at a time and learning lessons as I go.
And, more importantly, I will work harder to be there for YOU!
This year I’m going to be launching a newbie blogger coaching program/ecourse so that I can help you more specifically with your blogging journey and income. Be on the lookout for more details coming next year!
No matter what happened this year, next year could be YOUR year! So start that blog, make that money, organize your time, take those leaps of faith and see just how much they can pay off for you!
What about you? What are your goals for 2018? What worked for you and what sucked for you last month?
Want to learn skills to accelerate your Work from Home journey? Below are the courses and eBooks I absolutely LOVE and recommend to my friends!
- Career Step New students can feel the love with a free iPad (or a big cash discount) when you enroll by February 15.
- Work-At-Home Mini Guide
- Amazon Boot Camp The Amazon Boot Camp is the place to go if you are looking to start an Amazon FBA business and need some very step by step assistance! They have an amazing support group that will make sure you get the help you need.
- Grocery Goldmine Ebook Grocery Goldmine will walk an Amazon seller through the process of finding profitable products in their normal grocery store. Great for someone looking to add replenishables to their inventory, without doing wholesale.
- Transcribe Anywhere These courses offer multiple modules teaching proper punctuation, formatting, hotkeys, and how to use transcription software. It also includes lots and lots of practice audio files, templates, and how to build and market your business. You’ll learn how to do the work and how to get the clients — a HUGE benefit.
- Proofread Anywhere
- 30 Days Or Less To Virtual Assistant Success
- Side Hustle To Success Course
- Grow your writing income…join Freelance Writers Den
Are you an aspiring blogger or already a blogger? Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
- Blog by Number Ebook
- Strategies Worth Sharing In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!).
- Pinterest Presence Course
- Career in the Making- Turn Your Hobby Blog into a Business